We give kids an ‘advantage’ learning to play tennis with the coaching philosophy we use in our Advantage R-O-G programs. Advantage classes are the entry point for kids getting into tennis and perfect for kids only interested in recreational play. These classes are the stepping stones in the path for those interested in higher-levels of competition.
Our 2015-2016 school year programs kick off the week of August 24, 2015 and run through May 27, 2016. Advantage Red is for 5 & 6 year old kids. Advantage Orange is for 7, 8, & 9 year olds and Advantage Green is for kids 10 and older with minimal or no competitive tournament experience.
Advantage classes are held as a two-day combination on either Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday. Enrollment for all Advantage classes is monthly, with payment due at the time of enrollment. New participants will only be allowed to join the class at the beginning of each month as long as there is space available in the class. We strongly recommend that along with group lessons, your child should take a minimum of 1 private lesson per month and begin playing tournaments as soon as possible.
Advantage Red classes are held 4:00-5:00 pm on Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday. Kids in Advantage Red classes use age/size appropriate racquets, foam or red lower-compression balls, and play on courts no bigger than 36X18 feet.
Advantage Orange class for entry level kids is held 5:00-6:00 pm on Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday. Kids in Advantage Orange classes use age/size appropriate racquets, orange lower-compression balls, and generally play on courts no bigger than 60X21 feet.
Advantage Green classes are held from 6:00 – 7:00 pm on Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday. Kids in Advantage Green classes play on a variety of court sizes (predominately full-size) with either green lower-compression or full-compression yellow balls.
Advantage Class Pricing
Advantage classes cost $119 per month. *There is a $25 registration fee for each participant in any of the Advantage school year programs.
Registration form: Click here for the registration form for Advantage Red, Advantage Orange or Advantage Green. To register your child and secure their spot in a class, you must bring in the completed registration form and pay the registration fee and the first month’s class fee.
– Kids must attend the class days they are registered to attend. Fees are charged on the 21st each month for the next month; parents are responsible for providing written notification by the 20th of the month if your child will not be attending group lessons for the following month in order to stop payment. Monthly fees are non-refundable and no refunds are given for missed classes.
– When weather becomes an issue, class cancellation will be posted on the home page of this website and parents will be sent an email notification. Makeups for weather cancellations are done at the discretion of management.
– No makeups will be allowed for missed classes in order to maintain consistent coach-student ratio in each program
– Your child should arrive 5 minutes early to their class in order to do their warm-up so that class can begin at top of the hour. Please respect the coach and others in the class by having your child here on time.
– Kids must wear appropriate athletic clothing and tennis shoes that have non-skid soles, meaning soles that don’t leave skid marks. Your child will not be allowed on court without these types of tennis shoes. Your child must also bring a thermal jug full of water to each class; this is not optional. If they don’t have water, parents will be required to purchase a bottle of water from our pro shop.
Classes will not be held on the dates listed below:
September 7 for Labor Day
November 25-27 for Thanksgiving
December 21-January 1 for Christmas break
January 18 for MLK Day
March 14-18 for Spring Break
Give us a call at 214-670-1374 if you have any questions.